Retry.. no more crybaby bs

OK, list posters, you've advised me to coninue my efforts and step
back to potato. (See thread suject `Enough time wasted.. moving on')

A coulpe of posters have suggested a network install.  Thing is I have
$40 dollars worth of cds setting here.  Surely I can at least use them
to get the base install going and maybe get my nic setup. Then do the
rest via network?

In the last three attempts my nic is not recognized and any attempt to
install one of the 3com drivers is rejected.  I didn't capture any
error info but will this time if it comes up.  My card is:
3Com 3C905B-TX (PCI)