Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

"Timothy R. Butler" wrote:

>   I think it's safe to say that what they say is true. Perhaps you are just
> having trouble setting something up rather than it being Debian's fault?

There's not much I can screw up three steps into the installation
(See my "2.2r5 Kernel Module Install Failure" which never got a
response.)  And if you read the thread from my first post
("2.2r5 Install Endless Loop") you'll see that others are having
the same problem so I guess it is "Debian's fault".

>   Still, they don't claim it is easy either...

Yes they do.  From www.debian.org/intro/why_debian/ page:

 Easy installation
    If you have heard that Linux is difficult to install,
    then you haven't tried Debian lately. We are constantly
    improving the installation process. You can do the
    installation directly from CD, DOS, floppies or even
    over the network.

--
Keith Parkansky
keithp@execpc.com