Re: Installing kernel-image-2.4.17-k7

    "Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:

    >>> "Stan" == Stan Kaufman <sekfmn@pacbell.net> writes:

    Manoj> 	Any suggestions for improved wording? This is what is
    Manoj> there now:

    >> You are attempting to install an initrd kernel image (version
    >> $version) This will not work unless you have configured your
    >> boot loader to use initrd.

    Manoj> 	People running lilo also get this message:

    >> As a reminder, in order to configure lilo, you need to add an
    >> 'initrd=/initrd.img' in your /etc/lilo.conf

I actually thought the warning was great and it worked perfectly for
me. I just had to 'man lilo.conf' to figure out where that line went
(being completely new to initrd). Perhaps text suggesting that I add
the initrd section to the 'vmlinuz' image section would have helped,
but it's easy enough to RTFM.

Cheers!
Shyamal