Re: resource for woody freeze status?

Oliver Doepner wrote:
> is there any online resource that documents the (current) status of the
> woody freeze process?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200202/
(see all the "release status updates"?)

> i just want to know what's going on and understand what the problems
> and/or current steps are. a webpage with a dynamically generated list of
> rc-bugs and some explaination on how to proceed and what is most urgent to
> be done would probably help even the non-hacking users and contributors.
> it's mainly a question of transpareny i think.

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
http://base.debian.net/
http://standard.debian.net/
http://bugs.debian.net/

Everything debian is doing WRT release is utterly transparent, I boggle
at you thinking otherwise.

> i've heard of a theory that there are many debian developers who get
> along rather nicely using and tweaking woody or sid for their own needs
> and "probably" have no big incentive to work on woody>stable.
> i cannot really believe this: it sounded a bit harsh and was spread by
> someone who is no debian developer himself. but then i read that adrian
> bunk - someone who most of you surely know - wrote in a mail some weeks
> ago that "It seems noone really cares to get woody released.":

It might be easy to focus on someone screaming something like that and
easy to miss a hundred people quietly working their butts off. Something
to think about anyway.

--
see shy jo