postgres 7.1 (woody) - how to stop debugging

Hi,

with the help of people on this list (Thanks Martin and Brooks!) I
freed my syslog from all those debugging messages. But as I have (as
recommended) silent_mode = off in postgresql.conf my console still
gets cluttered by all those debugging messages.

I also have debug_level =   0 in postgresql.conf believing that   this
would stop  all  debugging  massages, but  this is  not   the case. My
console gets flooded by messages of the type: DEBUG: ...

Is there any way I can effectively stop all debugging?

Thanks again!

Andreas Goesele