resource for woody freeze status?

Hi,

is there any online resource that documents the (current) status of the
woody freeze process?

i am a happy debian user and recommendit to anyone who wants to know
(using ximian on debian potato myself). i am well aware that debian is a
free project and contributors to the project do as much as *they* like and
focus on what *they* are interested in, and no non-contributor is
entitled to demand *any* fixed timeline for the release.

i just want to know what's going on and understand what the problems
and/or current steps are. a webpage with a dynamically generated list of
rc-bugs and some explaination on how to proceed and what is most urgent to
be done would probably help even the non-hacking users and contributors.
it's mainly a question of transpareny i think.

searching with google only gave me the vague impression that the release
manager is too busy with other things than driving the process and there
are far too many serious bugs (and a good number of them on
non-x86-platforms).

i've heard of a theory that there are many debian developers who get
along rather nicely using and tweaking woody or sid for their own needs
and "probably" have no big incentive to work on woody>stable.
i cannot really believe this: it sounded a bit harsh and was spread by
someone who is no debian developer himself. but then i read that adrian
bunk - someone who most of you surely know - wrote in a mail some weeks
ago that "with google only gave me the vague impression that the release
manager is too busy with other things than driving the process and there
are far too many serious bugs (and a good number of them on
non-x86-platforms).

i've heard of a theory that there are many debian developers who get
along rather nicely using and tweaking woody or sid for their own needs
and "probably" have no big incentive to work on woody>stable.
i cannot really believe this: it sounded a bit harsh and was spread by
someone who is no debian developer himself. but then i read that adrian
bunk - someone who most of you surely know - wrote in a mail some weeks
ago that "It seems noone really cares to get woody released.":

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200201/msg00961.html

So what's the truth about this?! If there was a publicly available
documentation of the progress then those disencouraging statements were
much easier to understand/evaluate.

any comments are welcome to me. but please don't just say "when it's
ready." or "show me your code." or "woody/sid are even more stable than
most current commercial distros." that probbaly wouldn't solve the issue.

cheers
oliver

--
http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~oldo/