Re: Help with X

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:54:27AM -0500, Bannerman, Israel wrote:
> I just installed Woody and I am trying to get X started.  I  am using the
> Mach32 driver for the ATI Rage Fury Pro video card I have.  But when I try
> to startx I get this:
>
> XF86Config: /etc/X11/XF86Config
> (**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
> (--) no ModulePath specified using default: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
> dbe: Unknown error loading module

Try apt-get install xserver-xfree86 and answer the installation
questions.  It produces /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  XFree86-3.3.6 uses
/etc/X11/XF86Config.  I think for your video card version 4.x.x would
be better.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "These things have I written unto you that believe on
      the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye
      have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name
      of the Son of God."        I John 5:13