Re: using Woody vs testing

At 03:32 PM 2/27/02, Dave Sherohman wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:18:23AM -0900, Ken Irving wrote:
> What happens to testing when woody becomes stable?

Some time before woody becomes stable, it will be frozen and a new
name will be assigned to testing.  testing will go on receiving
packages from unstable just like it does today.  So we'll go from:

unstable -> sid
testing  -> woody
stable   -> potato

unstable -> sid
???      -> testing
frozen   -> woody
stable   -> potato

to, finally,

unstable -> sid
???      -> testing
stable   -> woody

I thought they (the developers) were doing doing the freeze a different
way this time. Freezing parts of it, instead of doing one massive
freeze. I also remember reading on Debian Planet that the freeze has
already begun for Woody.