Re: can't detect network card

* debianlist (debianlist@hotmail.com) [020227 11:40]:
> In installation, Debian can not detected my pci network card. how can
> i get it to work?

Did you complete the installation (as from CDROM or such) or were you
trying to do a network install that never got off the ground?

If you have a system installed, you can try to see what the OS sees on
your PCI bus with the lspci command. It's available as part of the
pciutils package. If it is listed there, then the next place to go would
be to find out what type of card it is and what driver it uses, and
arrange to have that module loaded into the kernel at boot time. If it's
not listed in the lspci output, make sure it's plugged in right and/or
test it in another machine to find out if it actually works.

Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/