Ethernet Card question

Title: Ethernet Card question

I just installed debian potato with kernel 2.2.18pre21

I’m trying to get a pair of SMC 1244TX (rtl8139) Ethernet adapters working, but not having much luck.

I ran insmod rtl8139 which installed but says (unused), so I figured I need to set parameters for the cards.

I ran the setup for the cards in dos and they report the mac address followed by IOBASE: E000 H, IRQ 10, and IOBASE: D800 H, IRQ 11

All the documentation I have read tells me the IO address need to be something like 0x300 or 0x000 or something like that.  Am I supposed to convert the address or something?

I’m a little lost, or maybe I’m not installing the module correctly?

Thanks for any info

-Dave