Re: shutdown in gnome 1.4

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:59:22AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running woody + gnome 1.4+ sawfish. I would like to know if there exists a
> clever way of shutdown the system than opening a shell, login as root and type
> "shutdown -h now".
> Thanks in advance

If you are using gdm then you can shutdown from the login window.
run gdmconfig as root and turn on the system menu. Then anyone will
be able to shut down the pc.

Alternatively, if you install sudo and edit the sudoers file accordingly then
youll be able to shutdown without typing the root password. You'll just have
to type your own pasword instead.

How clever did you want it ?

Alan