Re: 233 MHz CPU system - Debian and SO 5.2 question

<quote who="Andreas von Heydwolff">

> Would it make a difference in performance on the 233MHz MMX CPU and
> 48Mb  RAM system whether I choose potato or Woody?

i cannot imagine any difference. 48MB ram for star office
IMO is not enough. I wouldn't use it seriously unless I had
at least 128MB ram, even then its slow.  The slowest desktop
i have built in recent memory was a Dual P2-233 with 384MB
ram. and to get it run at a decent speed i had to install
2 7200RPM SCSI drives and put them in Raid0. And another
5400RPM SCSI drive for /home. This machine runs SuSE 7.3
professional for my sister.

> Is the Star Office 5.2 address book reliable enough for mail
> merges, or  has any other word processor (Applixware?) an address
> book that can be  used for mail merges?

don't know about this, don't know what a mail merge is
and i don't use address books much at all anyways.

nate