Re: 2 questions

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:22:38 +1100 Matthew Dalton <matthewd@research.canon.com.au> wrote:

> dman wrote:
> > It isn't too surprising that it still has a 2.0 kernel packaged for
> > it,  (in fact, .38 must be fairly new since I thought the 2.0 series
> > ended at .36) but the installer uses a 2.2 kernel.
>
> Not only did the 2.0 series not end at 2.0.36, but it is still going.
> 2.0.40-rc3 was released only 8 days ago. We'll see a real 2.0.40 in the
> near future.
>
> http://lwn.net/2002/0221/a/2.0.40-rc3.php3

Now that's a scary thought...  Though I guess it's good for ltsp,
freesco & tomsrtbt.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |