Re: Spamassassin, fetchmail, exim, and system resource issues

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> When pulling mail, I'll see the system spike to 350 or more processes.
> It appears that each mail delivery initiates a separate exim process
> (which I hadn't expected) and procmail process (this I had).

I don't send fetchmail's output through exim, I just put this in
.fetchmailrc

defaults mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F"

which serializes mail delivery.  So instead of hitting user limits, it
takes a while to go through morning mail... maybe I should try
spamd....

I'm defending her honor, which is more than she ever did.