debian installation on i2o

Hi,

I'd like to install Debian 2.2 r5 on a system with an Adaptec asr 3210s  i2o raid controller.
I have six 36 GB hdd-s on the controller. I plan to use raid 5 on it.

What is the best way, to install debian on it?
The installation system kernel doesn' t recognize my card.
Should I use load in a driver image (whre do I get one?)
Or install the system on a separate hdd, an ide hdd?

I've compiled a 2.4.17 kernel with i2o support, and wanted to insert it into the root.bin image, but I can't mount it.
I can mount the rescue.bin, but, that is not what i need. (i think)

Please help me.

Zoltan Medovarszky