Re: Netscape displaying everything internally :-(

martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> writes:

> also sprach Andreas Goesele <Goesele@hfph.mwn.de> [2002.02.08.0245 +0100]:
> > suddenly Netscape started to display everything internally. Even if
> > Preferences -> Netscape -> Application would say for some file type
> > "unknown" or "download".
>
> remove the 'plugger' package.

Thanks for you suggestion. But I don't have 'plugger' installed. It
doesn't exit for woody. I deleted the soft links

/usr/lib/netscape/477/communicator/mailcap and
/usr/lib/netscape/477/communicator/mime.types

That "solved" the problem.

But isn't there something hosed with either netscape/communicator or
mailcap, if the default install of netscape uses the mailcap file and
that leads to netscape trying to display basically everything? And I
think it's mailcap as lynx has the very same problem now!

Any suggestions how I could get back a sensible mailcap file or if the
problems lays somewhere else: sensible mime handling for all browsers
using mailcap?

Thanks again!

Andreas Goesele