Re: pcmcia

Osamu Aoki wrote:
In my case isa_pnp (or isa-pnp? I foregot.) module was needed  for old
486 notebook.

Hello,

please excuse me for tuning in with a brief pcmcia question of my own: Just today I installed potato from floppies on a 486 SL 25 laptop built in 1993. I have never used a pcmcia card in my life, don't own one and don't know anyone who has one. It looks as if the 486 can hold two cards in one slot (or would it be called a double slot). So here's the question:

Could I use the a card that I would buy today or have standards changed and I would have to look for a vintage pcmcia network and/or modem card?

Regards,

-- AvH