Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:26:43 -0800
"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 02:08:47AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:14:46 -0800

> > > I dunno, most people hate getting duplicates.  I ditched sylpheed after
> > > a couple of months largely because it doesn't have a list reply
> > > feature like mutt.  I only CC people if they request it, otherwise I
> > > treat mailing lists like usenet (read here, post here).
> >
> > FUD: I simply hit the Reply button. Proof enclosed.
>
> That's a bit strong.  Perhaps this behavior has changed, but "Reply"
> replies to the "To:", but alot of times, with duplicates and cross
> posts, etc., the "To:" line does not have the list address, but some
> other one (or maybe several addresses).  However, mutt's mailing list
> feature always gets the right address to follow up to the list and
> drops the rest.

Sorry about that. Got carried away. Anyway ...

I'm using the bleeding-edge -claws version. In sylpheed-claws I see
three buttons for Reply, Sender, All (the dreaded reply all) which are
roughly the same sending options I see in mutt (though admittedly I'm a
mutt newbie).

My tests reveal that hitting:
Reply -> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sender -> To: "Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net>
All -> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, Cc: egm2@jps.net

If you want a further test, reply to me and Cc: to the list. I believe
Sylpheed's Reply button is intelligent enough to discriminate.