RE: courier IMAP, removing "Unmarked" messages

I'm sure there's a way to set up Courier to do it, but you really
wouldn't want to. My old employer had a 30-day purging policy for mail,
and I can't tell you how many pissed off users I had to deal with when
they lost their mail. Outlook also has a very nice Auto-Archive function
which can either purge messages for you, or move them to a backup
folder. Of course, the best alternative is to get them all running
GNU/Linux with Gnome or KDE and using Evolution, but that probably isn't
going to happen... :)