Re: Locales and Java

Nice.  You managed to crash the JVM.  I've done it a few times before.
(java isn't all that Sun's marketing department has been claiming it
is)

Crashing Java... <g> Me???

| Current Java thread:
| at | com.ibm.speechcomponents.user.VvUserOpts.VvUserOptsInitialize(Native Method)

You said you got this program from a RH rpm, right?  Perhaps the
"native" (C/C++) portion of this program isn't binary compatible with
the libc on your debian box.

>   it could be a libc mismatch issue.

Hm. Am back from the weekend out of town, will try your suggestions and report back. Thanks meanwhile.

Cheers,

Andreas