Re: Which Linux Kernel Version for Athlon XP?

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 09:40, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Can someone point me to a good debian article/FAQ for upgrading the kernel.
>  On Sid I tried apt-get for the K7 kernel-image and all seemed to go well,
> but on reboot I ended up with a kernel panic.

There's a great article on compiling a new kernel "The Debian Way" in
the documentation. I'm sure it's somewhere under /usr/doc but I just
look it up at debian.org. It's towards the end of the install
documentation. You're much better off compiling your own kernels anyway.
:)

-Alex