Re: potato web browsers

Lo, on Sunday, February 17, will trillich did write:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 09:35:01AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > Galeon should work with no problems on a Potato system. I had it running
> > for a couple of weeks on my desktop before I upgraded to sid. I've run
> > it on a P133 with 40 megs of RAM with no major problems. And Galeon is,
> > by far, the most superior browser I've had the pleasure of EVER using.
> > There are relatively recent deb's available in non-US.
>
> what's the potato-friendly way to get galeon installed? i've got

Ximian's got packages for galeon (plus lots of other Gnome stuff).

For sources.list:
    deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main

Note that Ximian does have later versions of packages which appear in
potato.  As a result, it's possible that things may break.  I've not had
any problems, but I don't use GNOME all that heavily.

Richard