Potato -> Woody

I've been seeing a lot of discussions in various places about a rocky
Potato -> Woody upgrade path. I've upgraded 3 systems from Potato to
Woody (and subsequently upgraded 2 of those to sid) and have yet to have
any major problem. Using the precompiled 2.4.14 kernel made one of my
systems unbootable, but that was easily remedied by booting from my
Potato CD and recompiling a new kernel by hand. Is there some nasty
surprise waiting in the rafters to pounce on me when I least expect it,
or have I just apparently been lucky?

-Alex