Re: Trend VirusWall

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:59:30 -0500
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:

> François Chenais wrote:
> > I just try to run rpm -i vmware.rpm and I have the same error.
> >
> > error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
> > error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
> >

> > In fact, rpm -i doesn't find the 'rpm package index !!!'
>
> Maybe you should read /usr/share/doc/rpm/README.Debian

Ok For that

> > i'm interested to know how to use rpm under debian. I try alien but the install
> > doesn't the same install than rpm so that vmware doesn't work !:-|
>
> Beg pardon? Alien should work, and I don't understand what you're trying
> to say.

Seems that a vmware config script isn't launch after install so that vmware
doesn't work !  It looks for datas in /etc/vmware/locations which are not
set !  I tryed to run vmware-config.pl but nothing works !:-|

In fact, I think the rpm launch a config script after innstallation !

	François