Re: CUPS

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:04:08PM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> | * Dimitri Maziuk (dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu) wrote:
> | > * Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) spake thusly:
> | <snip>
> | >
> | > You're not doing the following: RTFM and edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
> |
> | I did that, though I think I still need to do something else.
> | Instructions I had seen elsewhere said "http://localhost:631";.  The
>
> That is the URL for the "home page", if you will.  That gives you
> access to everything.

<snip>
> What sort of file did you try sending?
>
> Did you try the "Print Test Page" button in the printer's queue
> display in the web interface?

That's the one.  I also tried printing from the command line, with the
same message.  In /var/log/cups/error_log, it says "print job: Unsupported
format 'application/postscript' or ~ 'application/octet-stream', depending
on whether it's the test page or a text file.

Further, when I try to change the configuration, I get a basically blank
screen

Any ideas?

Cam

--