Re: Installer with Kernel 2.4?

On Friday 15 February 2002 04:54 pm, Hanno Boeck wrote:
> Is there a debian installer CD for SID available that
> uses the Kernel 2.4 for installation?? I need this,
> because I want to install over network/Internet and the
> 2.2 Kernel does not support my network-card.
>
> cu,
>
> Hanno

i dont' know about the installer that comes w/2.4 but i CAN
tell you that i was able to load my network modules from a
floppy and it worked great!

i have a brand new pair of Netgear fa311's that don't come
with the stock kernel. i was able to take the pre-compiled
modules off the floppy that came with the cards and add it
to the 2.2.19 kernel...with no hitches...very nice...

always always always burn yourself a nice copy of the
latest kernel...that way, you'll always have it around when
you need it.

good luck...and don't pull your hair out  :)

-jeff