Re: CUPS

* Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) spake thusly:
> I did that, though I think I still need to do something else.
Instructions I had seen elsewhere said "http://localhost:631";.
The FM says "http://localhost:631/admin";, which made a considerable difference.

Strange. I can't think of any reason for that. All http://localhost:631 has
is a bunch of links, inc. the http://localhost:631/admin one..
Do you have "Allow from 127.0.0.1" in "<Location />" in cupsd.conf?

> Now I have another problem.  Attempting to print a test page gets me this error:
>
> client-error-document-format-not supported
>
> I have an inherited Canon BJC-4000, which works with the apsfilter test page,
though it won't print anything else (hence, exit apsfilter).  I have cupsys-client
and cupsys-bsd installed, but get the same message when I try to print from the
command line.  I have a foomatic driver (BJC-4000 + bjc610) installed, and
everything else seems tickety-boo -- no other error messages, anyway.
Google yields very little on this.

Sorry, no idea. You could try d/ling windoze drivers, maybe there's
manufacturer's PPD in there that'll work better than cupsomatic one.
FWIW, both HP printers here work way better with HP PPDs than with
cupsomatic ones (FVO "better" that include "can print colour").

Dima
--
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you
change your mind later, run                        -- magicfilter config script