Re: PCMCIA

/ "Vaughan, Curtis" <Curtis@npc-usa.com> was heard to say:
| Here's what I get:
| Starting PCMCIA services: modulesinsmod: a module named pcmcia_core already
| exists
| insmod:/lib/modules/2.2.17/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o: No such file or directory
| ds: no socket drivers loaded!
| /lib/modules/2.2.17/pcmicia/ds.o: init_modules: Device or resource busy
| Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
| invalid IO or IRQ parameters
| cardmgr.

I accidentally let 'apt-get update' upgrade my PCMCIA config as well and now
I'm having the same trouble.

I went back and rebuilt the kernel (2.4.17) and PCMCIA (3.1.29) that
worked yesterday, moved /lib/modules/2.4.17/ out of the way and
reinstalled everything, confident that the problem would be
fixed...and it wasn't.

I tried rebuilding with 3.1.31 PCMCIA sources too, same problem.

Help!? What's changed here? I need my wvlan_cs support back next week...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Individuality seems to be Nature's