Re: CUPS

* Dimitri Maziuk (dmaziuk@yola.bmrb.wisc.edu) wrote:
> * Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) spake thusly:
<snip>
> > What am I doing wrong, or not doing, please?
>
> You're not doing the following: RTFM and edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

I did that, though I think I still need to do something else.  Instructions I had seen elsewhere said "http://localhost:631";.  The FM says "http://localhost:631/admin";, which made a considerable difference.

Now I have another problem.  Attempting to print a test page gets me this error:

client-error-document-format-not supported

I have an inherited Canon BJC-4000, which works with the apsfilter test page, though it won't print anything else (hence, exit apsfilter).  I have cupsys-client and cupsys-bsd installed, but get the same message when I try to print from the command line.  I have a foomatic driver (BJC-4000 + bjc610) installed, and everything else seems tickety-boo -- no other error messages, anyway.  Google yields very little on this.

Any ideas?

TIA

Cam

--