Re: New to Debian and Linux

> I am very new to Linux and Debian.   What would be the first move in trying
> to learn Debian?
> I recently brought the "Learning The Bash Shell"?
Read the docs at debian.org, install a system (the people on this list can
help), and use it. I learned by doing and making mistakes.
If you want to buy a book about Debian, there's one by O'Reilly and even a
Debian for Dummies. But the online docs are more up to date and very
thorough.
I'd suggest learning Perl if you want to be able to do advanced user and sys
admin tasks.
And don't get upset if you hose your system and have to re-install
sometimes. It happens.
And the most important bit of advice...*Never* run as root unless you're
doing sys admin tasks that require root permission.