Re: CUPS

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:15:36AM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> * DvB (dvanbalen@jam.rr.com) wrote:
> > http://localhost:631 or man lpadmin.

> In my case, it doesn't.  I get "Unable to connect to server: Connection refused" messages to lpinfo, the web access tool, etc.  And yes, I'm su'd to root.  I can run Opera as root.  No go with lynx, either.

1)  If you have a proxy defined, is localhost in the 'no proxy' list?

2)  Are you going to localhost:631 or yourhostname:631?  In the default
Debian config, ONLY localhost is allowed to browse the CUPS config
- that's the lo interface, 127.0.0.1, not eth0 or its IP address.
(Which leads to some annoyance when you go to localhost:631 and CUPS
inserts links to yourhostname:631 in the returned pages...)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss