Re: Connection Via FTP

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 04:44:24PM -0000, kevincrookes wrote:
> Just a very quick question. Is there a feature in Debian Linux that
> lets you connect to a server via FTP and lets you upload and transfer
> files?

apt-get install ftp
or lftp or.... there's a plethora of ftp clients available. I *think*
the basic ftp client is part of the base install.

>        Also would it be a problem if the connection would be via a
> 56K Modem?

I would take longer than it would on ADSL :-)
I presume that you have ppp set up and running?

> Thanks.
>
> Regards Kevin.

PS: Please wrap your lines at e.g. 72 characters or so.
    And putting each question in a separate paragraph helps people who
    respond.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com