Re: spamassassin. CAREFUL ON UPGRADE

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:17:47AM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
| * Brian Clark (brianj@fusionwerks.com) wrote:
| >
| > Hey, that's nifty. I adjusted some of my scoring and I only get one or
| > two that find their way through, but I'll surely zip those off to that
| > address.
|
| Speaking of adjusting scoring, I have tried to raise required_hits,
| with no success.  When spamassassin reports spam, it still shows
| this as 5, instead of the 7 that every file I can find is set at.
| I'm using spamd with exim, if that makes any difference.

It does make a difference (maybe).  Which file are you setting
required_hits in, and what user is 'spamc' run as?  If, for example,
spamc is run as 'mail' and you are trying to set required_hits in
~cam/.spamassassin/user_prefs, it won't work.

-D

--

In the way of righteousness there is life;
along that path is immortality.