Re: to woody from potato, some advices...

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:17:22PM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:53:16AM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > 1) Upgrade to woody via apt
>
> Definitely upgrade using woody's apt, not potato's - that is, upgrade
> the packaging tools first. This has been the advice for upgrading from
> one release to another for at least the last couple of releases.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Hi Colin,

Thank you very much for your comment!
In the Debian's testing page (http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/) the
only thing which appears in order to upgrade to woody from potato is modify
the entries in /etc/apt/sources.list and run apt-get. I did it. Nothing is
said about to upgrade the packaging tools firts... May be your advice should
be added to the Debian's testing page?

Regards,

Marcelo

--