Re: QMail,Vpopmail,Courier-IMAP

debian@phpinfo.at wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed QMail,Vpopmail and Courier-IMAP (.deb Packages) on my
> "woody" System.
>
> POP Mail download works fine:
> user: "username%domain.com"
> pass: "xyz"
>
> IMAP Mail download doesn't work with "username%domain.de" (username)
> and "xyz" (password). What username should be used to download Mails via
> IMAP ?
>
> Greetings
> Michael
>
> --

Mike,

We use a very similar setup here, but we don't use the debianised vpopmail - at
the time it was set up we found that 4.9.10 from inter7 worked better and had
the features we wanted.

For courier-imap you should be able to use username@virtualdomain , although we
have found that with some mail-clients (older Eudora? I can't recall) you need
username@virtualdomain%mailserver or the same with % and @ transposed.

If you still get stuck send me an e-mail and I'll pass it to the 'lucky' guy who
deals with dial-up support issues, he knows all the tricks.

John P Foster
Golden Orb Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.golden-orb.com