Re: gcc3 and gcc 2.95

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:04:30PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a HOWTO regarding installing gcc-3.0 in parallel to the
> standard gcc-2.95?

Don't need one. Just install it.  By default "gcc" will point to
gcc-2.95, while you'll have to explicitly use gcc-3.0, if you
want it.  Biggest headache is with C++ incompatibility (I don't
think C compatibility is an issue).  But after the transition
to 3.0, I understand the binary interface should stay constant
for some time.

NOTE: I'm assuming you're talking about using the Debian packages.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>