Re: Mutt Procmail ...and Debian

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 07:01:10PM -0500, Chris Hilts wrote:
| On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:57:53AM +0100, R. Pac wrote:

| > By the way how may I configure Mutt to take mail directly from a pop
| > server without using fetchmail ?
|
| You don't.  The closest you can come to this is probably IMAP, where
| mutt will leave the mail on the IMAP server and deal with it remotely.

You can, actually.  The relevant settings are (from 'man muttrc') :

pop_authenticators
pop_auth_try_all
pop_checkinterval
pop_delete
pop_host
pop_last
pop_reconnect
pop_user
pop_pass

| You didn't tell us about your setup.  FWIW, I think fetchmail is
| a wonderful way to go, especially if you use procmail as the local
| delivery agent (LDA).  (Assuming a home setup, mail received by your
| ISP)

Still, I agree that it is better to use fetchmail to "fetch" and hand
the mail off to your local MTA (exim) which will then deliver the mail
(either use exim's filter file or procmail) and then use mutt to read
the folder.

-D

--

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?