Re: can't connect to samba shares from 'doze

Michel Loos wrote:

> Em Qui, 2002-02-14 às 05:24, stonelx escreveu:
> > Hi Tom,
> > Check that you have encrypted passwords set to yes.
> >
> > testparm |grep encrypt
> > <enter>
> >
> > hth,
> >
> > Mike
>
> And don t forget the obvious: all users that want to access their
> directories must have been added with smbpasswd on the host system using
> the ID and PASSWD they have on the client.
>
> Michel.

Thanks Michel and Mike for your suggestions.  Here is what I've come up
with:

$ testparm | grep encrypt

	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = No

Is this second option correct?  From what I can understand from the docs
it is right so long as I don't have very old clients, and all of my
clients are NT 4.0.

Also all of this should be irrelevant, I think, since I can't even
browse the server as the guest account (except from a UNIX box, it works
fine there) and that is what I think is a good first goal.  But I can't
figure out why I can connect from a UNIX box as guest with no password,
but not from an NT box.  I have tried enabling the guest account on the
NT box to no avail.

Tom