Re: Mutt Procmail ...and Debian

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:57:53AM +0100, R. Pac wrote:
> I would like to know which software are better to use with Mutt.

Depends on your needs.

> By the way how may I configure Mutt to take mail directly from a pop
> server without using fetchmail ?

You don't.  The closest you can come to this is probably IMAP, where
mutt will leave the mail on the IMAP server and deal with it remotely.

You didn't tell us about your setup.  FWIW, I think fetchmail is
a wonderful way to go, especially if you use procmail as the local
delivery agent (LDA).  (Assuming a home setup, mail received by your
ISP)

Chris Hilts
chilts@birdbrained.org