Re: mouse freezing

> Who should I report this to?  And what information should I provide?
> I'm also looking to try an other mouse (mayby it's the optical thing
> thats buggy?)
It's not an optical issue. I have the same problem with a PS/2 ball-style
mouse. As long as the mouse sends the right signals, how it generates them
should be inconsequential.
I'd tell XFree86.org. If it's their bug, they should know, and if it's a
kernel bug, they should still have something that warns when the mouse
disappears.