Re: mozilla-browser 0.9.8-1 help

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:01:35PM -0900, Greg C. Madden wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 10:32, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> > Running SID. Did apt-get upgrade on 2/10 and mozilla failed to upgrade.
> > Not sure if this is a packaging problem or my system got hosed in some
> > way. Now I am unable to install it or remove it.
>
> This won't help your current predicament but I use 'mozilla' instead of
> 'mozilla-browser'. This upgrades nine packages, Galeon, mail-news,
> browser, -psm,.. & libs.

No, doesn't help me much.

I tried the other suggestion of downloading the package and
reinstalling. But, the installation continues to fail. I believe now
that my mozilla-browser package is very messed up.

It looks like I may have to uninstall it by hand.
Any suggestions before I start deleting files? I have no idea what I'm
doing here!
Or, could I just change the status of the package to not installed with
a text editor? Don't know if that would allow a reinstall or not.

--
Kevin C. Smith           | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
smithkevinc@nettaxi.com  | little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor