Re: offline news reader

Ian Balchin <inksi@imaginet.co.za> writes:

> If I am offline then I need to spool the news, and slrn with
> slrnpull looks like a likely choice.

If you don't want Gnus and (X)Emacs, then the above is a good choice - or
slrn with leafnode works well.  Leafnode is designed for a small set-up
and certainly works well enough here. It downloads what you need and no
more.  IIRC the Debian set-up for leafnode takes you through the
necessary steps very nicely, though it also has one of the easier config
files to play with.  Slrn is very good and fast too.

But Gnus is amazing!!

hth

Glyn