Re: Network card problem

Hi Dimi!

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Dimi wrote:

> I tried to install the Debian
> <http://www.linuxiso.org/download/debian-woody-2.iso> Woody . The
> installation was succesfull. But I cannot install my network card . It
> is not in the list where you can choose the network card. And I tried
> also some of the list but none worked.
>
> My Network Card is a D-Link DFE-550 TX.
>
> I tried to find the driver and I found it several times. Also from the
> webpage of D-Link. But they were not comipled . So I compiled them in
> Linux and than I wanted to add them in the list (I don't know the
> correct technical words for that procedure) but it said that they had
> been compiled with a different version of the Kernel which sounds really
> unlogic because I compiled them a minute ago and I did that with the
> same Kernel.

if i'm not mistaken the card has a via-rhine chip. run
/sbin/lspci | grep Ethernet

and look vor Via Technnologies and Rhine. if you find that you just need
to load the via-rhine module and you're done

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred