Re: to woody from potato, some advices...

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 13:17, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:53:16AM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > 1) Upgrade to woody via apt
>
> Definitely upgrade using woody's apt, not potato's - that is, upgrade
> the packaging tools first. This has been the advice for upgrading from
> one release to another for at least the last couple of releases.
Is there a script or something for doing this automagically?  I think
there should be something that lets you more easily upgrade between
dists.  I think maybe someone(I would do it but I am not a DD) should
maybe package an upgrade kit.  Have it check the system and upgrade the
apt and dpkg stuff first then upgrade everything else.  I think it would
be a good idea to have something like this for when woody goes stable.
It would make everything so much smoother.  It could also have some FAQs
for dealing with upgrade problems and some scripts to fix some of the
easier ones.  I just think it would be a good idea.

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu