Re: mozilla-browser 0.9.8-1 help

begin  Kevin C. Smith  quotation:

> Running SID. Did apt-get upgrade on 2/10 and mozilla failed to upgrade.
> Not sure if this is a packaging problem or my system got hosed in some
> way. Now I am unable to install it or remove it.
>
> #INSTALL ATTEMPT
> debian:/home/kevin# apt-get install mozilla-browser
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, mozilla-browser is already the newest version.
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
> 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> Setting up mozilla-browser (0.9.8-1) ...
> dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute post-installation script: Exec
> format error
> dpkg: error processing mozilla-browser (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> mozilla-browser

I'm guessing, but it looks to me like your mozilla-browser package is
corrupt. You might try manually downloading it (with wget or a browser,
since apt doesn't realize that its copy is messed up) and installing it
with dpkg -i.

mozilla-browser 0.9.8-1 installed fine on my systems, and works nicely,
so I don't think the official repository's copy is messed up.

If you can't get a good copy from the Debian mirror you use, try going
to another.

Craig