Re: AntiVirus 4 Linux

"Game Wizard" <gwizard@aplicall.com> writes:
> I have a question for all of you. I need to setup a service that
> uses antivirus on linux to scan incoming mail (ie POP3). I already
> tried TrendMicro viruswall, and now d/l sophos. Are there any other
> good (and relatively cheap, NOT 10000$ mcaffee) products that will
> help me acomplish that goal ?
>
> If you know anything please point me to the right direction.
>
> P.S I am aware that my question is not exactly for this list, but I am
> desperate. :)

Please set whatever Windoze MUA you're using to send plain text and
not HTML.

You can find a long thread on your question, with plenty of
suggestions, by searching the mailing list archives
(http://lists.debian.org/search.html) for "virus scanner". Make sure
and select 3 or 4 of the most recent time periods.

My own solution was to use a procmail-based scanner:

http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html

Good Luck,
Gary