Re: CUPS

* Robert L. Harris (Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net) spake thusly:

> I think I have my printer configured correctly.  I want to do an "lp
> /etc/passwd" as a test of straight up printing.

So what happens if you just type "lp /etc/passwd"?

...There's no entry in
> /etc/printcap for my printer.  Do the deamons use /etc/printcap?  If
> not, how do I just print from cmdprompt, check queue's, etc?

RTFM. There is no printcap, /etc/printcap.cups has only printer
names in it. Relevant files are in /etc/cups. CUPS comes with its
own lp & friends (and lpr if you install cupsys-bsd) that know
about all that.

Dima
--
Surely there is a polite way to say FOAD.                        -- Shmuel Metz
"Go forth and multiply".                                         -- Paul Martin