Network card problem

I tried to install the Debian Woody . The installation was succesfull. But I cannot install my network card . It is not in the list where you can choose the network card. And I tried also some of the list but none worked.

My Network Card is a D-Link DFE-550 TX.

I tried to find the driver and I found it several times. Also from the webpage of D-Link. But they were not comipled . So I compiled them in Linux and than I wanted to add them in the list (I don’t know the correct technical words for that procedure) but it said that they had been compiled with a different version of the Kernel which sounds really unlogic because I compiled them a minute ago and I did that with the same Kernel.

Thanks for your help

Dimi