Re: to woody from potato, some advices...

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:53:16 -0200
Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@uerj.br> wrote:

> 4) Install the man pages and the xbase-clients (apt-get install man-deb
> manpages xbase-clients). The woody upgrading deinstall thesse packages, but
> doesn't reinstall them.
man-db, you mean?

> 5) I like very much gnome and sawmill, so install sawmill-gnome and the
> gnome stuff. Note that sawmill-gnome has the gnome-control-center package for
> configuring the gnome desktop.
sawmill is now obsolete, I think... it evolved to 'sawfish'

> 6) Reboot
no need for this...

btw, Marcelo, there a "transition" document on http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br,
that could have been useful for you, as a Portuguese-speaker.... =).

if you want to improve that document to help other people, be welcome.

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |