Re: XFree vs ATI All-in-wonder

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Triplett" <btt@nethouse.com>
To: "Lorenzo Mattei" <Lorematt@libero.it>
Cc: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: XFree vs ATI All-in-wonder

<Snip>

> > lspci recognize an "ATI Techonoligies unkwon device 5446".
>
> Hmm.. here's mine:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PF
>
> You could possibly have bad hardware, or a newer version of the Rage
> 128 chip that is unsupported. I'm only guessing, though... You may
> have better luck on the gatos-ati list or maybe even the XFree86's
> Xpert list.
Thanks a lot for all information you gave me.
Looking in the gatos-ati list I found people with the same error of mine.
Your assumption  is OK: it seems to be a newer version on the Rage 128 chip.
They say I need a newer release of XFree86 like the 4.2.0, so I'm going to
upgrade my software.

Thanks again for your kindness.
Bye

Lorenzo